About....

A simple blog that gives my opinion from the world of football, and in particular - the overlooked world of goalkeeping! Writer for Goalkeeper Magazine (www.goalkeepermagazine.com).

All comments are welcomed, and are to be encouraged!! Enjoy!

Please follow KeeperTalk on Twitter - @keepertalk1

Wednesday 6 July 2011

The Bosman Board...

This new feature for Keepertalk will focus on those individuals that unfortunately find themselves without a club this summer. For many, this will be a make or break summer for their career and need every help they can get in promoting themselves to perspective clubs!

Our first goalkeeper looking for a new club is Christoffer Eklund, a promising 21 year old Swedish goalkeeper who has just been told that his current club Kristianstad FF (Swedish First Division) will not be renewing his contract. Whilst Christoffer is not particularly sad to be leaving Kristianstad, he does find himself at a crossroads in his career. Highlights of Christoffer can be seen below:


This is Keepertalk's interview with Christoffer:


How did last season go for you?

 My last season I spent at Loan to VMA IK. That was a great year for me that developed me alot. I also loved the team alot and the lads in the squad. This year I returned to Kristianstad . I wanted to continue in VMA IK but the coach in Kristianstad wouldn't let me. So this last 4-5 months haven't been so good and fun as I wanted it to be. I don't like it in Kristianstad and thats why I'm looking for a new club. You got to have joy in football otherwise you can't deliver your best.
What are you looking for from your next club?

I'm looking for a club were I can put full focus on my football and for a coach that believes in me.

Would you ever consider playing abroad?

I'm open for any option: Going abroad would be a good option because Sweden is a pretty small country.

Who is your favourite current goalkeeper?

Gianluigi Buffon

Who is the goalkeeper you most dislike?

 I'm not a hater but since I'm a Man United fan I don't like Thomas Kuszack. I also think Kirkland is highly overrated.

Who is your all-time favourite goalkeeper?

Peter Schmeichel, he's the reason I started to play as a goalkeeper.

What gloves are you wearing at the moment?

I'm wearing Puma Powercat 1.10 but I prefer Adidas Response.

What is your ambition for your career?

My ambition is to play at a high pro-level for my whole career. To become as good as I can get. To give everything for what I can become.


I would like to thank Christoffer for taking the time to have an interview for Keepertalk and hope that this interview may help find him a new club, and all the best for the future! Keepertalk will be behind him the whole way!! Lets get #signchristoff trending!!!!!

h




K

J


No comments:

Post a Comment