About....

A simple blog that gives my opinion from the world of football, and in particular - the overlooked world of goalkeeping! Writer for Goalkeeper Magazine (www.goalkeepermagazine.com).

All comments are welcomed, and are to be encouraged!! Enjoy!

Please follow KeeperTalk on Twitter - @keepertalk1

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Lindegaard to Fight for Place!

Manchester United goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard has sent out a warning message to Old Trafford new boy David De Gea, by stating his intent on becoming Manchester United’s number 1 this season.
The former Aalborg stopper spent much of last season on the sidelines due to Edwin Van Der Sar’s dominance between the sticks and also due to a knee operation that has sidelined him since March. However the Danish international has set his sights on breaking in to the Manchester United first team this term.
Lindegaard said “It’s not about making the choice difficult for Sir Alex. For me, it’s about being number one. That is what it’s all about – playing. I enjoy competing and, so far, I feel very good.
“There is big competition in all the spots but, so far, I’m very satisfied with my own performances.
“I think I’ve played very well so I believe in my chance. If I didn’t believe in my chance, how could I expect other people to?
“I’m not scared at all. I am very proud of representing Manchester United. It’s the biggest dream in my career come true.”
These words will sure be of no surprise to United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, who has been quick to dismiss hotshot De Gea as guaranteed first choice at Old Trafford.

No comments:

Post a Comment